View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 12:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jjaden
Track Member

Drives: 370Z/MAT SILVER/6MT
Jjaden has a spectacular aura aboutJjaden has a spectacular aura about
Default Need help - Clutch Blown on DB9 after 8k

Sooo my GF's Aston Martin has a blown clutch, after only 8000km. We took it into the dealership and they said they would have to remove the tranny to check if there was a faulty clutch or just normal wear and tear.

A week goes by and they call back today saying it was normal use, and that we're on the hook for the full cost.

Now our local mechanic called B.S., he said the tread on the rear tires proves the car has been babied, and that there is nothing normal about an Aston blowing a clutch at such low mileage, and that it must be a faulty clutch.

My reply to the dealership involved stating that she has previously owned a 2008 DB9, and traded the car in a 28,000km with no clutch issues, this car has had 1 driver, mostly highway, my gf also has a 2009 911 Turbo with 60km that hasn't needed a new clutch.

So to me there is nothing 'normal' about a clutch for this car blowing at 8000km, i've asked for pictures to be e-mailed to me, as well as a letter stating they won't cover the repair, and their claim that this clutch was blown under normal useage.

Any other suggestions? What can I do to hold the dealership accountable? She has also purchased a 2010 Range Rover from them, and is a repeat customer, I'm shocked she is being treated this way when they have so much potential business to lose...