View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 05:39 PM   #13 (permalink)
tranceformer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2009 370Z PW 6MT
tranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuct View Post
im hoping this is just a fluke in the production line and not an issue with using slightly stiffer suspension. i have tein springs that are a tad tighter. if so then im sure many others will have this problem too. our roads here suck and i might have just hit one too many BAD bumps and it broke. im hesitant to think the dealer would fix this twice..... :\
I don't think the Tein springs would have much effect on the bushing. IMO, high HP levels, hard launches and shifts would hurt the bushing far more than anything else. I've had a few friends with 350Z's break theirs and a few friends down here in FL do the same with their 370Z's. It seems to be common with both cars.

I contacted SPL about this. With some work/swearing the 350Z SPL bushings can be adapted to the 370Z/G37. They also mentioned that they will be releasing a set that fits the 370Z/G37 soon.

With that said, the SPL bushings are LOUD. Especially if you have a set of 4.08 gears, and/or a Nismo LSD. The 4.08 gears might whine a bit more than the stock gears, and this is magnified by the solid bushings. The Nismo LSD is a bit harsh to begin with, makes lots of noise when making slow tight turns (read: parking lot). This is also magnified by the solid diff bushings.

I would NOT recommend these for a daily driven car. But constantly breaking a stock bushing would also be irritating. Maybe some day someone can source/manufacture a solid rubber bushing.
tranceformer is offline   Reply With Quote