View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 02:50 PM   #17 (permalink)
Ghost
Base Member

Drives: Z34
Ghost will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbum View Post
Can you let me know what you find? I am looking for a used 2009 model and noticed a sound which may or may not be similar to what you have experienced.

While test driving the car, I heard a noise that I can only describe as a low, grinding noise (like grrrrrr) that is coming from somewhere in the drivetrain... it could be the differential or the transmission. I couldn't really determine the location of it. It's noticeable only during launch from 1st and most low speed.

When the car speeds up and I'm in 2nd+ gears, I don't hear it anymore or not audible enough. I have driven 350z's and I don't ever remember such a noise and I would suspect that 370z's are the same.

Can anymore confirm or explain what this noise may be? The dealer says their techs checked out the car and it's fine. It's a certified pre-owned car and still have warranty left for up to 35k+ miles or 3 years or so. Would such a warranty cover possible tranmission replacement?

Thanks!
Hi there, they replaced the trans under warranty.

The low speed noise, if it's a rattling sound, is normal, from what I hear. It's really apparent if you have an aftermarket clutch/flywheel.

Cure is to use thicker gear fluid.