View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 10:23 AM   #22 (permalink)
Mt Tam I am
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z T/S/N 6MT & XKE
Mt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight Frye View Post
I drove up to Idyllwild yesterday morning. There was an antique car club having a road rally, and I saw dozens of cars on the mountain roads, many going back to the 1920's and earlier. I stopped and talked to a couple of owners that were pulled into a scenic turn out. They were having great fun. I asked them about the reliability of their cars and they said that they were pretty simple to maintain. The only thing that scared them was the trip down, they had to really keep their speed down to keep from overheating their old drum brakes, all of which didn't even have power assist ! Some of the owners and their wives and girlfriends were also dressed in period attire which I thought was pretty cool, and most of the cars I observed were open touring cars so one had to dress for the ride. Luckily it was in the high 70's even up at 5000 feet. I wished I had my camera to have taken some shots. The cars were beautiful.
I think I saw those cars in the midst of their rally on Wed or Thursday. One car looked like the "Monopoly race car". Open cars, old race cars, even a D type looking car with numbers on the side and striped. A 1960's Ferrari was an assist car.

Millions of dollars rolling past. It was beautiful.
Nissan Motorsports 34R Oil Cooler. Stillen CBE. Hotchkis Sport Sway Bars. KW Variant 3 Coilover System. Stillen Gen3 CAI. Michelin Pilot Super Sport. Stillen Brake Ducts. Carbotech™ XP10/XP8 Pads. Z1 Front Rotors. Z1 Stainless Brake Lines. Two degrees of camber
Mt Tam I am is offline   Reply With Quote