View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 03:47 AM   #6720 (permalink)
XwChriswX
WFLYIDNNE

Drives: 02 GDB WRX
XwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDyoyo View Post
Im thinking about going with the FI but i didnt like hissing sound in the video, does the size of the resonator make a difference in that hissing sound???
No, the hissing comes from the X pipe I believe, Tony correct me if I'm wrong?? It's the backpressure evening out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPenvy View Post
im not sure if the size of the resonators change the hissing sound but i have no resonators and love the hiss. just another addition to how mean this exhaust sounds.
Let's you know there's power there. Plus it almost sounds like a BOV venting. Makes the boosted guys do a doubletake. To me it sounds like a pissed off cobra ready to strike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDyoyo View Post
Maybe I gotta hear the hiss for myself.... around how much $$$ to get the FI installed?
If you do it yourself, which is certainly possible... Free, at tony's shop, it can be installed as well at a discount. Or most shops will charge you 1-2 hours for labor, whatever their rate is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog1250 View Post
I haven't heard any hiss yet, it just sounds F$#king gnarly and mean and when you get back fire/exhaust gargle when letting off its beautiful!

Today it felt more powerful too
That gargle is the 'FI Hiss' they're referring to.

Bonnie - Stage 2, Audio build coming this fall!
R.I.P. Abby 3/29/10 - 3/30/14