View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 03:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Z_ealot
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Touring/Sprt
Z_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rear ended by a honda

Hey guys, sad news today and just a heads up for anybody neglecting having their brakes serviced. Was going down one of the local roads today just crusing at the posted speed limit and come up to a traffic light with a whole bunch of cars in front of me that were stopped for a red light. Guy in front of me semi slammed on his brakes and i was a good 20 or 30 feet behind him so i stop a little quicker than normal, but not slamming on the brakes by any means. i come to a full stop and low and behold i look in my rear view mirror to see a late model honda accord that is approximately 50 feet behind me and he didnt seem to be slowing down and then it happens....at about the 30 foot mark behind me he finally slams on his brakes and i hear his tires screech, but then i hear something different....no tire screech and i see his car lunge forward a few feet while i could see he's attempting to stop and then followed by me seeing his front end tilt downward as his car re engages the brakes but it was to late, i had no escape route with cars to my right side and a concrete barrier to my left and i hear a loud "boom!" from behind my seat. Needless to say he hit me, we both turn our hazards on and get out to check the damage when the first thing i hear him say is "i didnt see your brake lights against the sun". I remained as calm as i could and exchanged insurance information with him which he tried to get out of doing by saying he would pay for the damages himself, but of course i insisted that i get his information and while i was at it i took a closer look at the damage....not that bad considering how loud it sounded, just a small imprint left from his license plate and a few small scratches. Aside from that no other visible damage...just goes to show you...never ever neglect servicing your brakes.

P.S.

Just wondering if anyone would suggest asking the adjuster when they call me tomorrow about diminshed value as my car is only 3 months old now?

Last edited by Z_ealot; 10-30-2011 at 03:07 PM.
Z_ealot is offline   Reply With Quote