View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 12:51 PM   #68 (permalink)
sapsec
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370z Touring
sapsec is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyG View Post
x2. Sick of hearing this on car forums. Ya know, where people are passionate about cars.
It's not just a car to people who have passion for motor sports and performance vehicles. If this were a Ford Festiva forum "just a car" would carry some weight. However, it is still an asset someone has to pay for, use, trust and maintain. Therefore some form of emotional attachment occurs.

Yes there are more important things in life- My mother in-law is fighting cancer, I just had back surgery.... However if some dumb a** on a cell phone hit my new Z, I would react in a very non mature way. Sure I would rather have an f'ed up Z than cancer, more back surgery or another 4 years of Obama. But that doesn't diminish my love for my car or the enjoyment I derive from it.

To me the first tenet of defensive driving in understanding and accepting that everyone else on the road is a complete $(#*@()&@ moron and accounting for their lack of driving skill, knowledge and attention. So far this has helped me avoid the antique driving the van, the stupid teens tweeting and the couple making a 3 point u-turn in rush hour traffic.

If all the idiots were taken off the road I would have no one to pass and no reason to drive a performance oriented car.
sapsec is offline   Reply With Quote