View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 01:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Skeeterbop
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 GM 370 base SP
Skeeterbop is a splendid one to beholdSkeeterbop is a splendid one to beholdSkeeterbop is a splendid one to beholdSkeeterbop is a splendid one to beholdSkeeterbop is a splendid one to beholdSkeeterbop is a splendid one to behold

So doing some research on this and I'm cautiously optimistic about not receiving a ticket. Here is what i have found about the way el paso is enforcing it:
Quote:
1. How do the red light cameras work?
Each intersection equipped with Automated Red Light Camera equipment will have a series of digital cameras installed near the roadway. These cameras will consist of two digital still cameras and a digital video camera. Utilizing a passive sensor, the system will detect when the signal light changes to red. The detection system will trigger when a vehicle enters an intersection after the light changes to red. The first digital still camera will capture two images, scene A and scene B. Scene A will show the vehicle prior to entering the intersection while the light is red, while scene B will show the vehicle in the intersection while the light is red. The photographs will display the time, date, and location of the offense as well as the amount of time the light was red when the image was captured. Also the speed limit of the roadway and the speed of the vehicle at the time of the violation will appear on the photograph. The second digital camera will capture a close-up image of the rear license plate of the vehicle. And finally, the digital video will capture 12 seconds of video, depicting the 6 seconds prior to and the 6 second following the violation. The 3 digital still images will be included when a Notice of Violation is issued. Also, a link to a web page will be noted on the Notice of Violation to allow viewing of the 12 second video.

2. Who is providing the red light cameras to the City of El Paso?
Redflex Traffic Solutions, Inc. was awarded the contract to provide a turn-key solution for the Automated Red Light Camera Enforcement program. Redflex will install, maintain, and service all equipment associated with this program. Furthermore, Redflex will process and review all violations captured by the equipment. Redflex will then provide the El Paso Police Department all evidence of the violation. An El Paso Police Officer will review all evidence and ensure a violation has clearly been committed. Once verified by a sworn peace officer Redflex will be authorized to create and mail all Notices of Violation.
I believe that once they review the pictures and video it will be seen that i did in fact stop at the intersection as you are supposed to, and they will just toss it out.