View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 06:25 AM   #76 (permalink)
gurneyeagle
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '18 Audi TT RS
gurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadoquad View Post
Surprised I didn't see this thread earlier. It's a shame. So, here's the story of my six hundred dollar pedal upgrade...

I have a base, and I bought Jeffblue's touring pedals. Now, I've run into a problem numerous times. Whoever assembled my car emptied the barrel of loctite into it. My shift knob didn't come off without a fight (channel lock, strap wrench, couldn't budge it without torquing too hard), but that's another story and an easy fix.

But they also used too much loctite on the bolts holding my accelerator pedal down. I went to unscrew them and snapped the heads off of them both. "Problem", I thought, so I decided to save myself the exorbitant costs of using a garage and go buy myself a screw removal kit and new drill bits.

Ok, so after trying out the kit on some old wood screws to understand the method behind the madness, I tried a few times to get the suckers to bite the bolts. The screw remover snapped off inside the bolt. I tried another bit on the other one and same result.

I had the car towed to AAM, where they assured me they could get any bolt out. They've got a machine shop ffs, should be no problem.

After failing to remove the bolts, they had to order new bolts and drill new holes.

And that, the370z.com community, is how you can spend 600+ dollars on a slight aesthetic upgrade in the pedal region.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffblue View Post
you're welcome
Both you guys get repped for that one!
Waiting on the Z35! SOLD - 2011 Gun Metallic Touring 7AT w Sports Pkg & Nav, Nismo Bumper and Rims, RC Grille, RC Brake Ducts, H&R Spacers, Painted Door Hdls, GTR Start Button, Nav By-Pass, EVO R Fog Light, CF Ducktail, CF Interior Trim
gurneyeagle is offline   Reply With Quote