View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 08:33 PM   #35 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6MT View Post
Your problem is patience. Give it 5k miles and you'll see (and I'm 100% sure, unless you oil starve the engine) oil consumption will no longer be this "issue" you are concerned about.

And NO, I'm not being sarcastic or trying to pick a fight. Flame me if you want, but the majority, 99.99%, of all oil consumption "issues" are not problems but normal usage because of ring seating.

Again.... if you missed that.... give it some more time!
My Z06 stopped using oil at 600 miles. Hasn't burned a drop since (at 3600 miles now). I was just saying I have never heard of a conventionally constructed engine burning oil beyond 12-1500 miles if broken in correctly.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote