View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 10:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Jaws12
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z
Jaws12 is on a distinguished road

I have had major paint issues.

First, I bought a magnetic Black that had a huge paint defect in the door. It was under the clear so it happened at the factory. The dealer took that back and replaced it with my current car.

My car is brilliant silver, and besides the splash guards not fitting properly, 2 weeks ago, the paint flaked exactly wear yours did (front bumper in front of wheel in the corner) after a Nissan Tech lifted my car incorrectly!!!. Because the dealer has been good to me (swapped rim for me after curb rash for no charge), I decided that I would have it fixed on my own.

I brought the car to a very reputable body shop and just this week they dropped the bumper and resprayed the corner and blended it into the bumper. Unfortunately for me, because it was such a small area the metallic flakes didn't lay right and it looks much darker than the surrounding paint.

Now, the body shop is going to respray the entire bumper so the paint matches thruought. That is actually the proper way to repair this as blending such a small area never works with metallic paint.

On the plus side, all of my little road rash chips will be fixed. Pretty inexpensive too.