Thread: 5.0
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 10:43 AM   #2457 (permalink)
shadoquad
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: .
shadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromG2Z View Post
face palm x 2.

This is what happens when a person stays within the confines of a box. Person sees the inner walls of the box and has no idea how the world is like outside of the box. Person thinks the inside of the box is how things should be, and ONLY be. No possible way anything outside of the box could be any better (not even better, just "different") than inside the box.

Let me restate my experience for you. Technically I had NO issues with my Z transmission. I loved my car SO much that I thought the grittiness, rattliness, and tinniness of our trannies (and this is common to almost ALL Z's... there's even threads of how people responded to several posts saying NORMAL, SOUNDS LIKE LOOSE MARBLES, NORMAL, etc etc etc) were all a part of everyday life with the Z. So I lived with it.

What rubbed me the wrong way was, my other cars were not like that. Not my G, not my Acura, etc etc. I just stuck with the thought that hey, my Z is just being normal... it's a "Z-thing" or whatever.

Fast forward, Test drove the 5.0. Eyes opened. Jaw dropped. Tranny not at ALL like Z (amongst many other things). So, if it turns out you like your Z and transmission, good for you! I just know I wanted the 5.0 and along with it, the benefits of much better transmission.
ppl act like the Stang's sh*t don't stink. All cars have problems, issues. I'm glad you're happy with your Stangs, but I tire of the Z nitpicking that goes on with the condescending 5.0wners on this site. I'm happy with my Z. I knew what I was getting going in, and it's a fantastic car. I didn't have to trade up when something faster came along.