View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 09:19 AM   #24 (permalink)
Bonzo
Track Member

Drives: Finally, a 370Z!!!
Bonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Update & More Tracking Info

I have some more information on all this, and an update about my car.

First the car, I'm through customs and am not in what they call land transit!!!! Wheeehoo!!! So my car is probably either on a train or on a truck and on it's way East. Shaky shaky boom boom!!!!!

Now, here's some info so you can persuade your dealer to help you along the journey. I'm not sure how often dealers either can get or can print it, but I'd guess at least once a week. It's a dot matrix print out that allows them to track the specific cars on their way to the dealership. My guess it's something they can print whenever they want just to see updates.

Contained on that sheet is some coded information regarding all the cars they are getting. It's got the model #, the VIN#, the color, the trim, the dealer order#, the estimated delivery date, and codes for the ship status. Here is a list of the codes that will help you track your car along the way.

INP = In Process
PBY = In Pre Bay
INT = Sea Transit
POE = Port of Entry
LIT = Land Transit
SHP = Shipped / Billed

Translated AS To What I Think It Means
INP = In Process = Order taken / car being built
PBY = In Pre Bay = Built and ready to be shipped
INT = Sea Transit = On the boat in the Pacific
POE = Port of Entry = In California
LIT = Land Transit = On a train or truck on it's way
SHP = Shipped / Billed = Delivered to dealer / final destination

As of 10/11 my car was INT, or on the boat. As of today, my dealer just e-mailed me and my car is LIT, or on a train or truck. This is awesome, because it means I'm through customs and all that garbage. He said he expected the car before the 11/18 scheduled date, so we'll see if he's right.

But oh yeah, it looks like I've just got a few more weeks to go!!!!

Got to keep practicing!!!
Delivered Tuesday November 15, 9:57 am!!!
2012, Auto, White, Sport, Kick Plates
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote