Thread: Z06 vs. 370Z
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 08:14 AM   #18 (permalink)
cossie1600
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370, Leaf
cossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond repute

I had a C6 Corvette. I got rid of it because of some of the factors you mentioned

*too fast for the street
*not reliable
*too fast for the track, i was actually quite scared of it
*financially doesn't make sense since I used the car almost strictly for track days/autox and my 2 miles commute and doesn't work in the snow
*while the car drives similar to the 370, but it is bloody hard to drive fast

I didn't want to spend 30K to buy the 370z, but I literally had no other choices given all the cars that were out there in the market. They were either overpriced, convertible, not reliable, too ugly IMO or too slow. Is the 370Z perfect, not really, but I think it beats everything else for the money. I do wish I have an Audi TT every now and then, but it just doesn't make sense given that car cost the same and its less reliable. I really would be paying for the AWD and DSG.

Outside of the track/autox, the 370z is kinda slow to me since I was spoiled by 400HP. Yet I have accepted it and honestly don't think much of it anymore.

The 370 suspension is better than the non Z06 C6, it is firmer and you can squeeze just as much tires. The diff on the C6 is better, way easier to get power to the ground but of course easier to crash. I found the brakes to be better on the 370, but then I only had a regular C6.