View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 07:28 AM   #68 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
Good point, + the post above yours.

How does this impact long-term durability? I haven't really been looking, but do VQ37's have a rep for popping at a certain mileage or just randomly? I was under the impression that they were anvils, except for some '09's that used a bit of oil until Nissan fixed the issue.
No rep for that at all....on the other hand, there is only one guy I know of past 60k.

I don't think Nissan would put out a motor that would be popping at 80k, but it probably depends how you treat it. You can't change the laws of physics, and the noise alone let's you know what is going on at high rpms. When you realize that is in spite of a boat anchor of a flywheel....I'd just sell it as the warranty runs up.
Red__Zed is offline   Reply With Quote