Thread: Z06 vs. 370Z
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 07:05 AM   #9 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRonin View Post
ImportConvert, I completely see where you are coming from. I've owned an 03 Z06 and the 07 Z06 and now I'm thinking about switching to the 370z. While the power of the Z06s were intoxicating for a while the price of owning them did not make sense to me. They were dds for me and I put a tons of miles on them. The interiors were lacking for a car of there price.

I've always appreciated the z cars and it amazes me the V6 puts out more HP than my 95 Z28. It may sound crazy but even the base z interior looks better than the Z06.

Now I need to decide between the sport/touring or Nismo. You seem to be leaning towards the sport/touring is that because of the amenities it offers?

Yes, I have never seen any evidence that the NISMO suspension does anything but make the car ride rougher. I think 1 magazine test showed a .01 or .02g improvement vs. the Sport suspension (different days, but that's the point, any day of the week the Sport suspension may out-gun or equal the NISMO suspension. Not impressed).

Further, I want NAV, the NISMO only has 4 speakers, I want leather, and I have fondled the NISMO body-kit and it was very cheezy. The inner fender-wells flopped around and it just looked like crap to me.

The Sport package creates 0 lift front or rear. Your (and my) Z06 actually have lift.

NISMO just holds ZERO appeal to me. Sport/Touring/NAV is where it's at for me.

NISMO test: http://media.caranddriver.com/files/...nismo-370z.pdf
Sport test: http://media.caranddriver.com/files/...san-370z-1.pdf

Last edited by ImportConvert; 10-27-2011 at 07:09 AM.