Thread: Z06 vs. 370Z
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 05:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
thetaste
Base Member

Drives: GTR
thetaste has a spectacular aura aboutthetaste has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
I have watched all these vids of the boosted 370Z's on here and it's not very inspiring to me. It would cost me less to do a full Caravaggio interior than it would to fix all the flaws the 370Z would have at the 450whp mark. Further, part of my goal is monetary.

At 450whp...

The 370Z's transmission and rear-end are VERY poorly suited to performance. The powerband is not at all correct for the gearing.

The suspension is very out-classed, especially regarding wheel-base and tire/rim size. (I have some traction issues on some pavement with 325's out back and 50/50 static weight dist. in my Z06)

The warranty is shot (I love me a warranty!).

There are many more things that dissuade me, but no, the car will be left stock+ Ceramic window-tint, V1 detector, and nearly a full wrap with Avery Nanofusion. If the sound is too quiet, it will get a NISMO cat-back dealer-installed. I'm a warranty whore. I have owned a car that I spent more time looking at in the garage as they were completely stripped and re-built than I did actually owning it in a drivable state. I don't want to play that game again, because they never really perform as COMPLETELY as an OEM deal.
Funny you say that. I put an LS1 in a 93 RX7 last/this year. Car performed flawlessly and was nice, but as you say. Something was missing. Interior fit and finish. I got all that with the 370 now.
Good luck. You are making a good decision. I had an 02 Z06 a few years ago. Yes the power was nice, but it was missing nice seats and interior.