View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 06:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
XwChriswX
WFLYIDNNE

Drives: 02 GDB WRX
XwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by urvokbm View Post
I went withthe OEM one for three reasons.
1) it's OEM
2) it looks like it belongs on the car, unlike the LED version which looks like it was added on
3) it's RED. the led version is smoked which makes it look like a dummy cover when it isn't illuminated

most will disagree with me, but I prefer the look of the OEM piece anyday.
1. The OEM piece isn't OEM for Z's sold in the states, hence JDM. So anyone familiar with Z's is going to know yours didn't come with it from the factory.
2. The LED one looks just the same as a blank like it came OEM, and illuminates when you want it to. So it looks as if nothings been changed... (especially on black)
3. You can get the EVOR LED one in RED as well to give it that 'stock' appearance.

In terms of brightness, you have to decide which do you want, 1 large bulb that you might eventually have to replace which looks like mids 90's taillights, or LED's which have a much longer life, use less energy, and is a much larger source of attention getting.

When it comes to the wiring, both are extremely simple. However, the LED light allows you to wire it to come on, and off. And also you have the option to Blink like F1 cars. To most this will be trivial, but it a better attention getter than a solid on light. Even in full daylight I have people asking me about it after they've followed me. So that should 1. tell you something about its brightness and 2. that it does actually get the person's attention.

Again to each unto their own, but just EVOR puts out a great product.

Bonnie - Stage 2, Audio build coming this fall!
R.I.P. Abby 3/29/10 - 3/30/14
XwChriswX is offline   Reply With Quote