Thread: My dyno results
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 11:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

If you make further changes down the road see if you can find a shop with a dynojet first rather than trying a different dynapack.

Dynapacks can be calibrated to read very close to dynojets, but it varies a bit from shop to shop -- looks like that one was within a few %, so to me those numbers are "correct" (really, any dyno can give you accurate numbers, but consistency from shop to shop is less with load holding dynos).

Anyway, I personally like dynojets for getting "true" measures simply there's not much to fiddle with on them -- everything is based on the speed at which you accelerate the known weight of a metal drum, and that value is consistent from shop to shop (some slight differences between older and newer models and I think between above and in-ground, but no where near the variance you see on mustang dynos between shops).