View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 09:59 PM   #175 (permalink)
Methodical4u
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 370 6mt pw w/sp
Methodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordo! View Post
Bang for the buck, ease of installation = high flow panel filters + smooth intake tubes (cost is < $210)

Money to burn, better gains, but a bit more work to install = G3's (ideally found on sale, say < $400)

The short ram cone filter intakes don't have very good shielding, and may lose some whp over keeping the OEM airbox and just getting the high flow filter and tubes.

Now, now, don't be snippy. I've amended my recommendation.

I just need to borrow someones' G3's and do a back to back test...
read someone's post who had done a dyno test with the K&N SRI's, it made 6 whp on a heartbreaker dyno which would amount to I guess 9-10 whp on a standard dyno jet. Obviously that isn't the gains the G3's produce.. but if one were to do custom airboxes with a fang kit... what might that do? Though the price would be up there with the G3's by that time... you still may wind up with close to, or the same gains as the G3's.

Let's face it, cold air is what an intake is all about in the end... make it colder and make more power.
Methodical4u is offline   Reply With Quote