Thread: Swissvax
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 02:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007MI6 View Post
Wow. I had no idea this wax was so expensive. What exactly is it about it that makes it so? $119 for the low end and $1499 up top. Not talking sh*t, just honestly curious as to what causes this stuff to be so expensive. That being said I am tempted...
Yeah, it is does get crazy expensive, but this stuff does seem to work. The previous wax I used was Adam's Americana, which sells for around $70, honestly gets you 90-95% there. All around great performer. That extra 5-10% is noticable though, in my opinion. Again, it could be a placebo effect, but I'm pretty confident there is a difference in depth. It just looks really 'wet' and this is without polishing. Supposedly, its the percentage of natural carnuba makes it expensive. The $1,499 stuff is advertised as 70% while the Onyx is around 30%. Of course there are other things than just carnuba that goes into these waxes. The lack of dust and left over white residue is a real plus, especially if some wax happens to get into those hard to reach places. Some of it also has to do with pricing the brand at a premium. It's kind of like Apple products in a sense.

Just remember though, a small amount really does go a long way. Judging from what I used so far with the Swissvax, I could probably get 8-14 applications out of the jar or roughly $9-15 per application. Really not that bad when you put it in perspective. I expect the Onyx to last 3 months to 5 months if the weather doesn't get too crazy. I hear the more expensive stuff like Mystery & Crystal Rock can last anywhere from 6 months to a year. I also don't have the funds to spend $1,499 on a wax, nor would I. The Concourso or Shield is very tempting though.

Cmike2780 is offline   Reply With Quote