View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 11:57 AM   #14 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1600 View Post
Prius can hit 114mph in just D, you can't beat that in your Corvette.

Audi S4 has similar power than the 370, they have gears that are shorter. Same with STI/EVO. There are cars made outside of Kentucky
Prius has CVT?

Yes, my Mustang was made in Detroit, as was one of my Trans Ams (one 4-speed auto, one 6-speed manual), and the other in Canada, I believe. My G20 made in Japan.

All of them have/had taller gears than a 370Z. Yes, even my G20.

I guess you're right, some cars are geared lower, I just have 0 experience with them and found the 370Z to be geared similarly to my 5.0 after I put 4.10's in it. They redlined at about the same (I believe I ran a 6700rpm chip, then swapped for 7K rpm chip in the 5.0's 6AL), and I found myself shifting the 370Z like I shifted my 5.0, rpm-wise/speed-wise.

Last edited by ImportConvert; 10-25-2011 at 11:59 AM.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote