View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 09:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

didnt read the entire post as it's too long... here's my comments on the q's though.

- I've read about the engine being coarse at higher RPM's but was really suprised by what felt like a significant drop-off in power. Since I experienced it on two difference
Z's, I presume this is normal? Do you get used to it?

mine does not dip up high. it could be the ECU that has been in economy mode for some time. if you WOT a few times it should open up to redline.

- For those with stock suspension, is heavy rear-end squat normal under hard acceleration?

it does squat somewat but not "heavy"...

- For the odd clutch engagement I noticed on the 40th Z, is this an anamoly or is this somewhat normal?

you'll get use to it. the Z has throttle input latency to add to the fun.

- Lastly, can anyone offer their insight as to why the '09 would lose power under hard acceleration? There was no tire slippage and the car was pointed straight, so I am not inclined to think it was VDC kicking in. I wondered if perhaps the VDC started to intervene thinking maybe the accelerator was stuck at WOT.

see above. unless the slip light flashes it's not active during power-on, i dont think. you can't fully disable off-throttle from what ive experienced. the car wants to correct itself so need to keep power on if you dont want to look like some novice WRX driver getting ready to tackle drifting with brand new shitty nitto tires hiccuping down the turns.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote