View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 07:50 PM   #19 (permalink)
SPOHN
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Waiting on next Z
SPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1600 View Post
HP+ is a fine pad, but I just don't think they offer enough bang for the buck. They also murder rotors too.
I agree. They would be fine for DD and spirtited days IMO. If you don't mind the dust. They did do well on my first track day. Even though the track wasn't brake intensive and I wasn't pounding on the brakes yet.

That's what I hope to learn more on my next two track days in Nov. (which are two days in a row) is to brake later and harder. I did some runs today after my pads were bedded in and really starting to learn the feel of our cars and how well they actully can handle with my setup under hard braking. I was more than shock of what it can do under braking when combined with my LSD also, being it locks at 50% under deceleration.

But my second little run later that day I got down the road about four miles (casual driving) then went for and under braking it did overload the tires with the first two hard stops. I know these pads are awesome and the tires were probably colder when I first started. But is this to be expected from time to time with the XP 8's? I have RE-11 tires. Also after bedding them in I haven't heard hardly any squeals. Boooooo. I want them to. I love that. Just call me crazy. Pretty sure I'll have my far share soon enough.

Last edited by SPOHN; 10-24-2011 at 08:18 PM.
SPOHN is offline   Reply With Quote