View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 04:27 PM   #72 (permalink)
Mecinoid
Base Member

Drives: 16 370Z Sport Wht S7
Mecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyme View Post
I had a 09 Corvette with 436 HP. cruising on the highway it would get 28 to 30, sometimes more, and it had the performance rear end gear ratio. At about 70 MPH it would be turning 1700 rpm on the tach.
My latest trip to Reno, NV and back I achieved 29.8mpg in my '03 Special Anniversary Vette. That was better than my 350Z which I took the same trip in 3 years ago. The 350Z got 28.5mpg. It would get 28-30mpg consistantly on long cruises IF I could keep my foot out of the thottle.

I'm still in break in on my 370Z and it's nice to know that I should expect an increase because I'm only getting around 24.5 city/freeway right now. Although that is acceptable for the performance bump from my 350Z to the 370Z. I'm expecting 30mpg plus.

However, I squeeze the thottle during the work week and save the performance driving for the weekend.

In my 2010 Prius I was getting 50.5mpg... I just couldn't handle driving a tin can for the next ???? years. I'd rather pay $100 more a month in gas than to drive that Prius day in day out. Maybe someday they'll make a Z car that performs and gets that type of mileage.... I'm down for that day and will trade my 370Z in on a second year model. ;-)

Last edited by Mecinoid; 10-24-2011 at 04:41 PM.
Mecinoid is offline   Reply With Quote