View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 03:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
wildmark
Base Member

Drives: Chevy SS, FX50S
wildmark is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaudiofanat View Post
Ok if you have the base system here is the plain facts. It is only putting out around 9 watts of power so any new speakers you install are not going to be very happy nor sound well with that kind of power. In your M3 they have a factory amp which HK is very good about matching factory Ohms ratings so you had no trouble upgrading them.

I highly recommend if you do not want to upgrade to a new head unit to at least use a LOC or a mtx re-q5 and add new amps to power your new speakers as they are going to want more power.

Also what is your budget? What do you want from your new system/ speakers?

If you want more control over your ipod and better sound two things, you will get better quality output from a new head unit. Or using a device from the company isimple you can actually control the ipod from your factory radio.
Hi, Thanks for the great advise!

I don't want to go to the expense of a new HU but improve the sound quality, oPod and radio control are fine as they are and I will be dynomatting the car in the next few weeks as there seems to a lot more vibration than in my M3. I am not very techy so when you said I need a "LOC or a mtx re-q5 " I have no clue what that means? if I could improve the speakers and as you say give them more power then that would be OK with me, budget wise I have not thought but would around $300 do the job? and how much would it cost in labor, as unless its plug and play i don't want to risk it.

regards

Mark
wildmark is offline   Reply With Quote