View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 11:45 AM   #41 (permalink)
joshs09slvrZ
Track Member

Drives: 09 7AT 370Z
joshs09slvrZ will become famous soon enoughjoshs09slvrZ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&W_Evader View Post
So how'd you like that #9? Don't know about that filler comment but I know when I use it on a white 91 camery that hasn't been taken care of... I get a white residue on the blue towl I'm using.

In my opinion as far as polishers go... Don't use them. I have a milwakee heavy duty polisher. I've used my dad's rinky dink polisher too. I hate both. The milwakee will burn thru the paint on corners in an instant. The little rinky dink POS won't even take dried wax off. I'm done with them. When I'm too old to do it myself... I'll pawn it off on my kids LOL!

Polishers are a needed tool to do any kind of paint correction. If you can't use a polisher correctly, then yes you can burn through paint, especially on edges, but don't make a statement to not use them just because you've had bad experiences with them. I have a PC that is next to impossible to burn through paint and I also have a Dewalt rotary polisher that can spin up to 3000 rpms. I've never had an issue with either. You just have to be careful and pay attention to what you're doing.
Stillen Gen3 CAI|Berk HFC and CBE|UpRev|15mm H&R front spacers|20mm Ichiba rear spacers|Stillen front and rear sway bars|Yokohama S. Drives|Swift springs|JDM Blinking Fog|8000k HIDs|9% window tinting, 47% on full windshield
joshs09slvrZ is offline   Reply With Quote