Thread: SES light :(
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 10:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
xgrudgex
Base Member

Drives: My neighbors crazy
xgrudgex is on a distinguished road
Default SES light :(

So im at about 50K on my 09' base and the SEL light came on...
I figured it was a fluke or just a gas cap code as I have heared its pretty common or also since I had no choice to put about 20 bucks in gas at some random gas station the night before so I cleared the codes the following morning...

About 2 days later driving to work in the morning the SES light came on again and throwing the same codes. Keep in mind I had already filled up with 91 from a reputable gas station. No obvious change in the driving even though I did not get on it at all I did however have to merge onto a highway to get to and from work but no issues, hesitation (besides for the normal throttle delay). But I did feel the throttle a little jerky when it was about 90 F outside driving from a stop, but only that specific occasion.

Codes were: P0157-159 if I recall correctly and one had a dP... im guessing its a duplicate?

So before I take it to the dealer I figured I would see what all of you had to say, maybe point me in a direction to where I could fix this myself. Since my dealer is a little shady... Example: I experienced no pressure, pedal to the ploor on my clutch, didnt come back up so they blamed it on the releaf spring behind the clutch pedal and wanted to charge 125 for it plus 400 for labor... WTF. I bled the lines and put fresh fluid in and vuella good as new!

I just dont want to throw random parts at it and hope I fix it vers getting it fixed! since I have a baby on the way im saving all my pennies and being more spend cautious than I usually am.

Thank you for all or any input.

BTW I have K&N drop ins which I have had on for quite some time now, but other than that it is stock.
xgrudgex is offline   Reply With Quote