View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 02:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Thumper View Post
Interesting. Can the oil brand really many much difference though?
I found out I didn't drive my car off the lot with Nissan ester as I presumed. It was Mobil 1. I had this combination on my other car and it seemed the castrol did pretty well. I wasn't hitting limp mode without Castrol but I still saw around an 11-15 degree difference from the ester that was running in the 09.
IMHO though I know Mobil one runs well in csertain types of autos. (I swore by it in my Rx7), it doesn't seem to do all that great in my Z. In my G35 I used Castrol syntec and it seemed to do pretty well. But to me, it seems EDGE, truly has an edge over the outgoing syntec. I feel a noticeable performance increase. The 1st 500 miles didn't seem all that impressive on the Edge. Then all of a sudden the car felt more powerful and much smoother. The good part was temps drop after about 250 miles. So I'm extremely pleased with EDGE as a performance oil.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote