View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 02:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
Motordyne
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Z
Motordyne is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTAMAV View Post
Thanks for the input motordyne. Just for schlitz and giggles, I decided to dyno the Z on a Dyno jet.....it was very interesting....I actually pulled the same numbers on it that I did on the Mustang dyno. (+5 whp, but +20 torque). So two questions

1. I know it's dumb to speculate, but doesn't that mean when I go dyno the car on the mustang dyno, I may show the exact same numbers as before the plenum install? Being that the dyno jet usually shows ~15% higher whp, of course.

2. Will a tune fix these possible low numbers? As it is possible with all these breathing mods, I could be running lean?

I understand it wasn't the same dyno, but generally speaking my concerns are legitimate. What do you guys think?

1) Doing comparative dynos on different machines has very little comparative value.

You could drive to every dyno machine all across the country and they will all yield different numbers. Even if they were all Mustang dynos or all Dynapack dynos. They will all have a spread of numbers even if the car produces the exact same results every time.

Two different dynos will never have the same calibration. The best way to know your pre/post results is to test on the same dyno machine.

2) The dyno shop you went to may have (should have) measured your A/F ratio. You probably have the numbers on your last dyno sheet.
Motordyne is offline   Reply With Quote