View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 02:00 PM   #13 (permalink)
Vaughanabe13
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z M6
Vaughanabe13 has a spectacular aura aboutVaughanabe13 has a spectacular aura about

Well I bought a Garmin 2555LMT, which has a 5" screen. It does fit in the cubby, but not entirely perfectly. The power cord has a right-angle USB plug that angles down, so when I stick it in the cubby the power cord gets in the way, somewhat. But I can still wedge it in there so it doesn't move while I'm driving. It fits tight. GPS reception appears to be good, although I can't get any traffic signal at all. The traffic receiver (FM antenna) is built into the power cord, which I am currently running out the front of the cubby, down along the parking brake and then into the arm box with the DC power jack. No matter where I put the cable though, I can't get any traffic reception when the garmin is in the cubby. It does have a small jack for an antenna extension so I already ordered the antenna accessory from Garmin, which I will mount on the dash somewhere. Overall I'm pretty happy with this setup, although I may wish to drill a hole and bury the cable behind the cubby in the future.

If anyone is interested I can snap a pic later and upload it.