Thread: 2011 370z sales
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 01:48 PM   #116 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

^^ Totally agree. Not just unemployment though... people with the same job 10 years ago are making less and have cut back significantly on descretionary spending. Throw in inflation into the mix and suddenly a splurge on a $40k sports car isn't as appealing. I think that's one of the reasons companies like Hyundai (Genesis Coupe), Toyota/Subaru (FT-86/BRZ) are targeting the sub $30k sporty coupe market. Those that can still afford to splurge will likely venture upmarket, while those who could barely afford the 370Z will likely look towards something more affordable. I think $30K-50k sports car segment is gonna thin out even more if the economic slump continues. Overall though, I think all affordable sports cars are in trouble in the short term. Power specs appeal to the new car buyers in this segment, and with the Mustang and Camaro getting bumps in that department, the Z is gonna be less appealing. It's all about ego's and image when it come to sports cars after all.

Cmike2780 is offline   Reply With Quote