Thread: new 2012 370Z
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 11:57 AM   #52 (permalink)
Bonzo
Track Member

Drives: Finally, a 370Z!!!
Bonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red__Zed View Post
Read up on piston seating/sealing.

Your engine comes from the factory usually 80% broken in. If you don't do a pull, you are hoping Nissan got it right.

The vast majority of oil consumption cases on the 350 were due to failure to seat piston rings at the factory, and then consumers taking it easy as directed. The 370 had similar oil consumption issues...likely the same cause.
Oh, I've done quite a bit of reading about things like this in the past, and this is a lot like the oil discussion you are having over on the other thread. I've owned several vehicles in my life and never ever had one single engine problem. Not one, including my 2004 Murano that has 160,000 miles on it. So I'll just do it my way, and you do it your way. There is no solid proof one way is 100% ultimately better than the other. If you think there is, then by all means follow it. If I get engine problems with my way, then shame on me and Nissan.
Delivered Tuesday November 15, 9:57 am!!!
2012, Auto, White, Sport, Kick Plates
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote