Thread: new 2012 370Z
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 11:34 AM   #49 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
I really don't see what the big deal is. So you take it easy for the first month, B-F-D. Doing that CERTAINLY won't hurt, and it could help. Driving the crap out of it right away certainly COULD hurt. I say it's worth it to take it easy even if there is even a slight chance it will help in the long run. I want this car to last for a long time.
Read up on piston seating/sealing.

Your engine comes from the factory usually 80% broken in. If you don't do a pull, you are hoping Nissan got it right.

The vast majority of oil consumption cases on the 350 were due to failure to seat piston rings at the factory, and then consumers taking it easy as directed. The 370 had similar oil consumption issues...likely the same cause.
Red__Zed is offline   Reply With Quote