View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 10:35 AM   #20 (permalink)
Synack
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Sideways
Synack will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dimer View Post
I think that's what I'll probably do. I bought an HTC EVO 4G out of contract when I shattered my old Palm Pre. I'm sitting on an upgrade right now and while the Nexus would definitely be an upgrade from the EVO, the specs don't really blow me away. The Galaxy S3 looks like it's going to be a beast and I would hate to use my upgrade on the Nexus and then be pissed when the Galaxy S3 comes out.

Hopefully I'll be able to resist the urge for new technology and keep the EVO until next year. It's practically brand new.
The only thing about all Nexus devices is that they are ALL naturally faster than comparably specced phones. This is because Nexus phones have the stock Android UI with absolutely no wireless carrier extra software garbage. Also they don't have any brand specific UI's like Samsung has Touchwiz, Moto has Motoblur, HTC has Sense, etc etc. All of those things make a high specced phone run slower. Which is why you always see a Nexus phone benchmark so much higher. AND Nexus phones will always be the first to be updated! That's why I absolutely cannot resist it.