View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 10:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Pat C.
Base Member

Drives: 10' 370Z coupe M6
Pat C. is on a distinguished road
Default Sport package a must!!

Just want to chime in with a few comments. I just found an almost new 10' in gunmetal gray with the sport package, K@N intake along with front paint film. Car had 1600 miles on it, and just like you I didn't know much about these cars.
2 months later with another 1700 miles, I now feel I can make some suggestions.
First off, I wouldn't own a Z without the Sport package. Yes, you can add the rear spoiler, purchase the Rays forged rims and then pay a ton for the upgraded brakes. For me, the clincher is the 6 speed manual (which you can't add on) which has the auto rev increase upon downshifting. I didn't like it at first, but now I snicker each time I downshift because it's such a joy to use.
My advice would be to wait and buy the car you "really" want versus what you're able to locate today.
No I wasn't looking for one, and yes, I'm also a compulsive buyer, but have forced myself to do just what you had described.
In conclusion, you'll more than likely be able to find what you want if you just broaden your area of shopping. And lastly, I wouldn't buy any car that needed to have some "major" repair/replacement items... Was able to buy mine for 30g. Hope this helps...
Pat
Pat C. is offline   Reply With Quote