View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 04:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Joehs
Base Member

Drives: 2008 Toyota Tacoma
Joehs is on a distinguished road
Default Looking at two Z's in OKC

Hey all,

I've spotted two used Z's in my area that I've gone to look at. I'm looking for some opinions, as I yield to the experienced more than my want for a new sports car!

One located here:
Used 2009 Nissan 370Z 2dr Cpe Man - Bob Howard Nissan - Oklahoma City Nissan, Used Cars Oklahoma City, Auto Service Oklahoma City, Oklahoma City Auto Parts, Oklahoma City Auto Repair, Norman, Edmond, Bethany

One located here:
Used 2009 Nissan 370Z For Sale | Norman OK .

A small run down of each vehicle from what I saw:

2009 Base 6MT - 12,115 Miles:
Paint looks good, couple nicks here and there, but that's to be expected with Oklahoma's bad roads. Nothing that can't be fixed by a paint detail and a good wash and wax. Tires are in decent condition, nothing spectacular, but should get another 10,000 miles before they need changed. Car appears to be well taken care of, and at 12,115 miles it wasn't driven too hard in the 3 years it's been out there. Dealer told me they were firm at $26,996, which still seems high to me. Even with the low miles.

2009 Base 6MT - 23,358 Miles:
Paint has some major swirl marks. Few more nicks in the front than the other car, but still nothing terrible. Tires are shot, they'll need replaced almost immediately. Interior was a bit dirtier than the other, but could be cleaned pretty easily (I chalk this up to the $/hr employees in the wash/detail bay at the dealership). Fairly low miles for an 09. Dealer "came down" to 27,000.

Ideally, I'd like to finance a bit here. My 785 credit score should qualify me for whatever the lowest finance rate I can get is (here's hoping to sub 2.5%). I'll be selling or trading in the Tacoma I drive now, and picking up a secondary trail rig/beater/winter car later.

What do you guys think about these two vehicles? I don't have too much of a paint color preference, although I do like the black/white over the other colors. Neither has the sport package, which is somewhat disappointing, but I haven't had any luck locating one even remotely close that has a sport package and is in my price range. It appears to me that they've overpriced these cars quite a bit and are trying to take advantage of a young buyer. Especially when I've seen people throwing out the 22-23k price tag for base model 6MT from 09.

Neither car has exactly racked up the miles, but I'm not sure that justifies a price tag that high. If I can buy a new 370 base+sport for the 32k range, then I'm a bit lost on how these cars are so high valued.

Comments, thoughts, opinions?
Joehs is offline   Reply With Quote