Thread: South Louisiana
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 09:12 PM   #1272 (permalink)
PaulZ370
Track Member

Drives: 011 370 BSM/T/SP/6MT
PaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeOne View Post
Cooler oil = more protective and last longer
Hmmm... Not quite. I'd have to put a little caveat on that Dave. Oil that is too "cold" might actually cause harm to the engine (too thick, not flowy enough, cannot react fast enough to sudden acceleration/ high revs, etc, thereby resulting in too little protection). I was seriously torn between driving in lower gears (higher rpm's) to warm up the oil on cold mornings, or driving in higher gears (lower the rpm's) to protect my engine seeing that my oil is cold...! I couldn't decide what it is that I needed or wanted to protect more..?? (I know, I tend to over-analyze, I know...that is the curse of being an engineer)!

Anyway, I finally decided to park the Z in the Garage and drive the Titan daily back and forth for the seven miles to where I park from now till the weather warms up again - and then maybe. I think I'll keep my baby for weekends and fun drives or whenever I just can't take it anymore and just HAVE to drive her.... I wonder if I can make it a couple of days even...!!!

BD2ZBN :: 2011 BSM/TRG/SP/6MT/Stillen Oil Cooler/K&N CAI/Michelin PSS/Brake Light/EIBACH Sway Bars/FI Res. HFC+18" Res. CBE/Morimoto XB LED/DRLs/10mm Spacers
PaulZ370 is offline   Reply With Quote