View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 08:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
spearfish25
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to work
spearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to spearfish25
Default Steering Wheel Tilt

I had an issue with the leather on my steering wheel and took it to the local dealer for replacement today. The car was driving great, tracking straight and true, and the steering wheel was properly centered when driving straight ahead prior to the replacement. Now I have my new wheel installed and within 10 seconds of driving, I realized it's about 2 degrees clockwise from center (slightly rotated right when driving straight). The interesting part of this is that the car tracks straight ahead perfectly...it just does so when the wheel is slightly rotated clockwise without any force being applied to it.

I took it back to the dealer and stated they installed the wheel off center. They countered saying it's a splined connection and there is only one 'way' to install it. They then suggested I get an alignment as incorrect toe would cause an off-center steering wheel.

I can't believe that my alignment is suddenly off when it was fine before the steering wheel swap. Is there an adjustment for the steering wheel alone so I can get it straight again?