View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 04:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Mandingo
Track Member

Drives: '10 370z 6spd
Mandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond repute

Update:

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I wish there was a bag stuck to the exhaust. That would have been an easy one.

I felt around all the flanges with the engine running and listened with a 2 foot section of hose (shadetree stethoscope) but couldn't find a leak.

I'm going to get someone to hold the exhaust tips closed briefly (with leather gloves on and some rags) to see if that makes a leak more apparent.

I retightened the bolts about 1500 miles ago as a precaution. They're still very tight.

It smells like fired gunpowder mixed with an unpleasantly intense new-car-smell. Sounds crazy I know but thats the best description I've come up with. I'm taking it to another dealer next week but would rather figure it out myself if possible.

Could my clutch be slipping even when accelerating in one gear all the way to redline then back down? It would have to be a defect since I only have 6200 miles on the car. Clutch fluid is 1/3 below the high mark, never raced.