View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 06:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
StLRedrider
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: O9Sprt/Touring,p-51
StLRedrider has a reputation beyond reputeStLRedrider has a reputation beyond reputeStLRedrider has a reputation beyond reputeStLRedrider has a reputation beyond reputeStLRedrider has a reputation beyond reputeStLRedrider has a reputation beyond reputeStLRedrider has a reputation beyond reputeStLRedrider has a reputation beyond reputeStLRedrider has a reputation beyond reputeStLRedrider has a reputation beyond reputeStLRedrider has a reputation beyond repute
Default After three weeks of inticipation, i went to the doc today and bad news

Lets start by saying my teenage and early twenties have now came back to bite me in the a%%. I did everything possible to abuse my body from racing motorcross semi-pro, mountain biking and anything else we could do to end up in the hospital. I have chronic pain in my hips for roughly 13 years now and every doc i went to said there's nothing you can do.

I don't race anymore but i still live a fairly active life of mountain biking, running, working out and walking my dogs. I found this doctor who works on alot of the local pro athlete's around the area. After a 2.5 hour doctor's visit today he told me that both hips are preety much shot and that you will need both hips replaced by the time you are 40, if?

He told me i have to make a life changing descision today or i will see you in here next year for the opperation, i asked What are you talking about? Stop running, biking, and no more long walks with the dogs. Your cartlage or whatever that surrounds the ball of the hips is gone and there are spurs in four different areas, and the more you do the more i'm going to damage it.

So what do i do? Stop doing what i luv and become some fat A%% couch potato or continue to do what i luv till i can't walk no more and then have the surgery and surrender to a life of doing not a dam% thing. I'm not in a good mood at all, this sucks

Last edited by StLRedrider; 08-06-2009 at 02:30 AM.
StLRedrider is offline   Reply With Quote