Thread: Short shifter
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 10:48 AM   #10 (permalink)
TypeOne
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: BSM 370
TypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to TypeOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by zFire View Post
I installed the Stillen short shifter- no big issues on install, the original torque specs caused a little binding, backing it off a little bit, everything worked great. They throws are very short, and for me took a little getting used to- perhaps the "notchiness" that people refer to. I enjoy the precise high-speed shifts- which when thrown quickly with some force make the the shifter snap into its gate.

All gears work great including reverse- the only one that is a tad more difficult to hit for me is the quick 2-to-3 upshift. But I haven't been using the shifter for too long, so I expect that will go away with more driving.

Just out of curiosity- what have people heard negatively about the Stillen? I didn't seem to find anything when I first started looking.
I've just heard that it isn't much different than stock... might not be a bad thing, but if you are going through the motions to change and upgrade something, you'd want something noticeable.

I loved the stock knob too and when I changed to the PWJDM knob, it felt really thin and small... but after I used it, I wouldn't have it any other way.
TypeOne is offline   Reply With Quote