Thread: Short shifter
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 07:45 AM   #9 (permalink)
zFire
Base Member

Drives: to work.
zFire is on a distinguished road

I installed the Stillen short shifter- no big issues on install, the original torque specs caused a little binding, backing it off a little bit, everything worked great. They throws are very short, and for me took a little getting used to- perhaps the "notchiness" that people refer to. I enjoy the precise high-speed shifts- which when thrown quickly with some force make the the shifter snap into its gate.

All gears work great including reverse- the only one that is a tad more difficult to hit for me is the quick 2-to-3 upshift. But I haven't been using the shifter for too long, so I expect that will go away with more driving.

Just out of curiosity- what have people heard negatively about the Stillen? I didn't seem to find anything when I first started looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370ZzZz View Post
+1, I strongly recommend TWM Performance for a 370z short shifter. I have on in mine and it's my favorite mod so far!

As for the other short shifters there are on the market for the 370, even tough I never tried them personnaly, I've heard very bad things against so this is why I went with TWM the first time around.
zFire is offline   Reply With Quote