View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 03:58 PM   #122 (permalink)
Ryan@Forged
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Evo 8/Evo 9 MR/GTR
Ryan@Forged is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabarivas View Post
In an average drivers hands - the X / other evos will give you more confidence to push the car harder - with a RWD car... you will have to build that confidence over time and learning... by your logic... a twin clutch is way worse than a SRM system correct? Honestly - I can revmatch all day long and heel toe till the cows come home... but there is a certain awesome feeling you get when the car does it so amazingly well that you feel it would be stupid to try and be as good as the computer can. However - this does not stop me from turning off my SRM for spirited runs where I feel I need to stay sharp for when I want to drive other cars.. but its much less of a "auto-drive" feature than the AWD systems seen in the Evos / STis

I think you are misinterpreting what I am trying to say. By my logic, no twin clutch is not worse than SRM. What I am trying to say is these aids take the driving skill out of the hands of the driver. They are great advancements in technology and I have no doubt that they work better than any human is capable of. I am not saying they are bad features in any way. At the same time I am not questioning your driving skills one bit. My point being that they do in fact lessen the amount of skill it takes to drive these cars. This discussion will never reach an agreement because it is that of opinion. You believe the AWD system is more of an auto drive while I believe auto rev match is more of an auto drive. Are either of us wrong? I don't think so, it's just opinion.

With that being said I still think the Evo's handle better than the 370z whether it be by electronic advancement, AWD, or by the drivers having more confidence in them.