Thread: 5.0
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 05:05 PM   #1960 (permalink)
FromG2Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 5.0, kona, 6MT
FromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemers View Post
Man quit adding to my frustration over what I need to do. As far as marriage goes my wife took me to the dealership to look at the Shelbys. So much going on in my head I don't know what to do.
Haha sorry man. But I speak the truth. Have u ever driven one? A 5.0? Or the shelby? I u haven't driven a shelby, don't. U will end signing. Lol. But sounds like ur wife is allowing u to get a new shelby???? If so, jump buddy. The shelby is THAT good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
The GT500 uses a Tremec transmission with a true direct-input shifter. The 5.0 uses the Getrag MT82 which is a remote mount so it doesn't feel as direct (because it's not) when stock. I'm sure the MGW box will change that.
that makes sense Steve. I forgot about the different tranny for the shelby, its tremec. But it just felt so good man. Have u or Dan driven a shelby? Try to

BTW, I spoke to mgw, they are shipping next week. Wootwoot. Also I asked him about how it will feel after install, comparing std 5.0 to shelby stock. He said should be better than stock shelby even....should be even smooooother. I'm stoked.

Btw, should I buy the optional heat shield? I already bought the mgw shiftknob too he said the heat shield is to further isolate heat and sound. But i kindda want to hear my exhaust inside car... Lol. Heat shield is 25 bucks. Yay or nay?
2012 5.0 GT Prem, Kona Blue, 6MT, HID, Brembo, 3.73 -- Ordered: 9/20/11, Born on: 10/20/11, Delivered 11/15/11"Marilyn" GT500 mufflers/flaps, MGW shifter, FRPP K springs, BMR panhard bar, Boss coil covers, 3DC spoiler, Llumar Tint (35% and 20%), 3M ClearBra