Thread: 5.0
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 01:57 PM   #1953 (permalink)
FromG2Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 5.0, kona, 6MT
FromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to behold

Ok guys... know what I did for lunch?

I test drove a black 2012 Shelby GT500.

Let's just say, I ALMOST cancelled my order for a 5.0 and put one in for the Shelby. Luckily, I value my marriage.

LOL.

that Shelby was UNf******ngbelievable. That torque. Oh god that torque. And that SHIFTER. What IS that shifter on there? That was the best shifter i've ever driven. WAY better than stock GT 5.0 shifter. I hope my MGW mod will be like that.

Also, suprisingly the clutch on the GT500 was LIGHTER than the GT... who woulda thunk.

Then after the drive, I sat there rev'd that engine again. I hope my 5.0 with GT500 will sound like that. My goodness. Nothing sounds like a Ford V8. Nothing.

Cornered very flat... I'd never see the limits of it as I don't track, but still. Felt tighter than Z even. Definitely harsher than 5.0.

And the LOOKS of it. So sexy. In a I want to eat you up and spit you out kind of way.

Anyway sticker was 53k, they were gonna give it to me for 48k...... no negotiations yet even. I'm that good. LOL.

My buddy with a Vette who was thinking about a grand sport now is thinking about the Shelby instead. Kudos to Ford for converting EVERYbody. LOL.
2012 5.0 GT Prem, Kona Blue, 6MT, HID, Brembo, 3.73 -- Ordered: 9/20/11, Born on: 10/20/11, Delivered 11/15/11"Marilyn" GT500 mufflers/flaps, MGW shifter, FRPP K springs, BMR panhard bar, Boss coil covers, 3DC spoiler, Llumar Tint (35% and 20%), 3M ClearBra

Last edited by FromG2Z; 10-17-2011 at 02:01 PM.