View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 12:45 PM   #19 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

^^^ the ECUs interpolation inbetween set voltage increments should sort through that.

IMHO speed density is only great for one thing, being bullet proof. It has no proper ability to compensate for physical changes that effect volumetric efficiency, as its tuned directly assuming a specific and static VE.

But when I say I think the speed density is bullet proof, i mean that literally. You could blast a hole in the intake manifold and the engine will idle sky high but the engine will still be able to run and function! where a MAF car, any leaks between the MAF and the cylinders can potentially shut you down or make the engine undriveable.

Aside from that, the only down side I really see to a MAF setup is the restriction of the MAF itself, but i think that these modern ones are probably completely neglible in restriction.