View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 12:33 PM   #29 (permalink)
gurneyeagle
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '18 Audi TT RS
gurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaggeron View Post
High Roller?? Hmm, if anything is the truth it's that I'm cheap as hell. That's why I think buying an extended warranty is a rip-off. Anyway I'm not *telling* anyone what to do. Just giving an opinion. And the last post was simply a hypothetical example of when it would be clearly "OK" to to say "none of the above" instead of keeping to the question of A or B.

Draw what conclusions you will ...

( Click to show/hide )
the conclusion to draw is that I think buying an extended warranty is basically the same thing as wiring your money to Nigeria -- you're betting on a longshot.
I respect your opinion, and respectfully disagree with it based on past experience.

Based on the fact that my wife and I keep our cars way past the time the normal warranty expires, I buy extended warranties. The last vehicle I did not buy a warranty for was our 2001 Honda Odyssey. The post warranty repair costs were almost double what a warranty would have cost.

Further, we just had over $450 in repairs covered on our 2007 MDX, and still have another two years and 40K in warranty coverage.

Everyone has different experiences and comfort levels. For me, owning a $40k+ car with all the power conveniences, stereo and nav system, that I drive everyday, and plan on driving every day for at least the next five years, is a whole different paradigm than owning the 1977 Datsun B-210 I had in college.
Waiting on the Z35! SOLD - 2011 Gun Metallic Touring 7AT w Sports Pkg & Nav, Nismo Bumper and Rims, RC Grille, RC Brake Ducts, H&R Spacers, Painted Door Hdls, GTR Start Button, Nav By-Pass, EVO R Fog Light, CF Ducktail, CF Interior Trim
gurneyeagle is offline   Reply With Quote