Thread: RIP Dan Wheldon
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 04:33 AM   #13 (permalink)
scottIN
Track Member

Drives: '12 370Z
scottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond repute

It's unbelievable. I barely slept last night. Yes, Dan was a great driver- but he was one hell of a person.

I talked to Dan just a couple weeks ago at the kart track, and I've known him for about 5 years from karting (if he wasn't in an IndyCar, or ALMS, he was in a kart). I could tell story after story about watching him talk to the kids at the kart track- he always took the time to talk to the kids, take photos - whatever it took to make their day.

A pair of his signed racing shoes sits on my mantle - it's tough to walk by them.

Last Sunday, I was talking to Scott Goodyear and we were talking about Vegas. He told me it was a recipe for a crashfest - too many cars on a track where they can go 3 wide. He was right...
scottIN is offline   Reply With Quote