View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 12:49 PM   #52 (permalink)
ZKindaGuy
Track Member

Drives: 370Z-AT7 Tour+Sport
ZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingDavid View Post
What you don't seem to get is that numbers are just that, numbers. More power alone does not equal a better or a faster car. The guy just put on basic boltons and tuned it. I don't see the big deal. He's trying to make HIS daily driver a quicker car. I'm sure if he wanted a fast and cheaper route, he would. That's not the case.

You also seem to throw out the cost of the car itself. That's a big factor. Those 167mph 1/4 gallardos are expensive. Their turbo kits are over $30,000. Sure you can go faster for cheaper in an old stang but who cares? You just went 8 seconds in the 1/4 in a Lambo. Also, this is a brand new car with a brand new motor. Of course the prices will be sky high right now. Just wait until the car gets more popular and such. I don't agree with hp vs. cost at all. I rather have results. So many factors in between and around your cost vs. hp equation. Would you like to see a video of a 715whp Evo just DESTROY a 1000whp Corvette? Power band, suspension, gearing, tires, aerodynamics, weight, driving skill and a whole bunch of other ****. But cost vs. hp is most important, not results, lol.

Also, a LOT of you missed when he said he had an exhaust mod done on his baseline. The baseline would have been much lower if it were stock. Therefore the gains would have looked a lot higher as well.
I completely understand that "more power alone does not equal a better or a faster car". I have been doing the mods stuff for 12 years so I am quite astute in regards to what mods can or cannot do for a car. I have been telling folks for years that mods are not the end all to beat all to being faster or whatever. So how about dropping that already as we have been on the same page since way before you ever brought that point up.

My post is about pricepoint. And yes I know it is an arbitrary number around which to plan mods but in the musclecar world it is a number that most HARDCORE mod-heads who spend their lives at the track beyond the weekend warrior stuff. The general rule is unless you have very deep pockets or sponsors the price-point per HP is between $25 and $30.

I am talking strictly from a price perspective as a guage for your wallet. And you cannot even begin to make an argument that spending $5000 to make 47 additional HP is cost-effective by any means...and I don't care what his exhaust baseline would have been as it more than likely wouldn't be enough on the plus side ( 20 HP addition perhaps) to even make that much difference in the cost per horse ($84 / HP).....use your COMMON SENSE man and JUST LOOK at the amount of the damn money that was spent to make 47 HP.

47 HP @ $5000.00 ???????

Last edited by ZKindaGuy; 08-03-2009 at 12:53 PM.
ZKindaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote